Sunday, August 30, 2009
Mediterranean couscous salad
last August my cousin Terry, her husband Steve and daughter Sidney were visiting Portland, Maine (from New Jersey) and I made this Mediterranean style couscous salad with Terry in mind. We all love Greek food and I love the fact that this side-dish/salad is VERY healthy!
The ingredients listed are usually kitchen staples so this is easy to fix in a flash. I'm one for improvising so feel free to use what's fresh, in season and available.
1 box Neareast couscous cooked (follow package directions)
2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4" pieces
1 cup of chickpeas
1 handful black olives
1 lemon
1 lime
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. sea salt
freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley, cilantro or basil (your choice chopped)
1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Combine couscous, tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas and olives in a large bowl. Squeeze in lime juice and I like to grate in some lemon zest before squeezing the lemon. Add everything else and toss gently.
ENJOY!!!
Posted by
bakedinmaine.com
at
8:01 PM
Labels:
couscous,
feta chees,
Greek food,
mediterranean food,
olive oil,
olives,
tabolie salad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment