Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Gingerbread Boy's House


Season's Greetings!
Here's the Gingerbread Boy's House....
Lot's of fun planning, baking and building, time consuming but fun.
Yes, I'll do another house next year. Oh yeah, I better start planning early.
Of course I can share the recipe and instructions if you're brave enough to try it!

We made lots of Gingerbread cookies decorated with almond or lemon icing. I personally like a spicy, flavorful gingerbread cookie so I added extra ginger, cloves, all spice, nutmeg, cinnamon and plenty of molasses. I always use whole wheat pastry flour where I can and with these firm little cookies it works nicely. I have the updated recipe for this classic if you want to try it....
Once again, a lot of work but well worth it when you see the cute little faces on the finished cookies :-) Or the cute faces on the people eating them!
For some reason, we don't see gingerbread cookies around much anymore. So, I'll be sure to make them every x-mas and start a new tradition.
The kids & I really do LOVE decorating & eating the gingerbread boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment